Welcome

Welcome to my AS foundation portfolio blog. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence, and evaluation for my coursework projects.

Thursday 12 April 2012

Evaluation Question Seven

The two clips above are of my final hand in task "Who Is Out There" and my first prelim task "An Average Fight Over A Girl". the latter i produced a good few months ago, and the final hand in film a few weeks ago.

The prelim simply had two friends, or it seems, verbally arguing over a girl, a typical teenage activity, ending violently. The main task is about a man running through a woods being chased by a mysterious and intimidating woman, he reaches a river, where he begs for help into the distance, she then kills him, a small dialogue of the girl and her other personality occurs, and then it finishes with a title screen.

The prelim task was obviously less of quality to the main task, due to the amount of time I have been able to work on editing, and filming. For example, the editing pace of the prelim task is less professional than the other piece, the final scene where the tall blonde man punches the other, is too quick, and seems more sloppy. It could have been different if i had re filmed it, but because of the deadline i did not have the chance. However, I am quite happy with the editing and filming for the Main task, it all fits together, i believe that the running scene was done very professionally.

Also, one area that could have been improved of the Prelim task, is it could have added some music or backing noise. I did not have the know how to be able to do it, however with the the Main task i have been able to add some low beat non diegetic music, as well as a make shift heart beat. Had i been able to do so on the prelim task, i would of had a low slow beat as the blonde man walked into the room.

What I did like about the Prelim was the fading out towards the ending, and the difference in dialogue. These two aspects were also improved in the Main task with the fading in and out of titles, and the fading out of the clip, and the dialogue was just as good.

These are the differences between my Prelim task and my Main task. Originally I was impressed with my Prelim task, but from the skills I obtained from the Main task, i realize it could of been improved with the points mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment